Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

‘Squad’ Candidate Vows To Put Americans In ‘Internment Camps’


A Democratic congressional hopeful in Texas is drawing fresh outrage after posting that she wants to turn a federal immigration detention site south of San Antonio into an internment camp for “American Zionists,” according to her own social media post.

Maureen Galindo, who is running in the Democratic runoff for Texas’ newly redrawn 35th Congressional District, made the comments in a weekend Instagram post.

“She’ll turn Karnes ICE Detention Center into a prison for American Zionists and former ICE officers for human trafficking,” Galindo wrote, referring to herself in the third person. “It will also be a castration processing center for pedophiles, which will probably be most of the Zionists.”

Galindo’s post landed as her campaign continues to face backlash over rhetoric critics have described as antisemitic, conspiratorial and detached from reality. The controversy has intensified with Election Day approaching in the May 26 Democratic primary runoff.

In recent days, Galindo has accused her runoff opponent, former Bexar County public information officer Johnny Garcia, of involvement in a human trafficking conspiracy that she has linked to “billionaire zionist Jews.” She also said during a Texas Public Radio interview that she would put Garcia on trial for treason.

Beyond the attacks on Garcia, Galindo has repeatedly amplified claims that a cabal of Jewish zionists controls Hollywood, the media and politicians, a theme that has helped fuel the blowback against her candidacy.

Galindo has argued she is targeting “zionists,” not Jewish people. In comments to the San Antonio Current and other outlets, she has said her issue is with people who advocate for the existence of a Jewish state in what she described as their ancestral homeland.

“I think it’s actually the zionists who are putting Jewish people at the most risk,” Galindo told the Current last week.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The San Antonio Jewish Federation said Galindo’s language crosses a clear line.

“The JFSA strongly condemns the spread of antisemitic tropes and conspiracy theories in public discourse,” the group said in a statement responding to Galindo’s remarks. “Divisive and hateful rhetoric targeting the Jewish community has no place in our civic life.”

Galindo’s comments have also started to isolate her within her own party as Democrats try to avoid getting dragged into a toxic side fight in a seat Republicans have targeted in past cycles.

John Lira, who lost to Galindo in the primary, recently pulled back his endorsement. State Rep. James Talarico, the Democratic nominee in Texas’ competitive U.S. Senate race, also said he would not campaign with Galindo if she wins the runoff.

“This antisemitic rhetoric has no place in our politics,” Talarico told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency. “We need leadership in both parties willing to stand up and call out hate where it rears its ugly head.”

The runoff is for the 35th District, a seat reshaped by redistricting and centered in the San Antonio-to-Austin corridor. Galindo has built an online following by mixing hard-left politics with fringe claims, while opponents say her language is veering into open bigotry and threats of political violence.

Early voting runs through Friday, May 22. Polls reopen for the runoff on Tuesday, May 26. The Bexar County Elections Department website lists polling locations and hours.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Download the FREE Trending Politics App to get the latest news FIRST >>



Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.