Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Crime

VIDEO: 17-Year-Old Suspected Illegal Immigrant Charged After Hammer Attack in Plano, Texas

A 17-year-old suspected illegal immigrant who was previously released by federal authorities has been charged in connection with a violent attack on a woman in a Plano, Texas park, according to local officials and statements provided to Fox News.

The teen, identified as Sergio Noe de Nova Duarte, is accused of striking a woman in the head with a hammer and carrying duct tape during the alleged assault. The incident occurred in a public park in Plano, though police have not yet released the exact location as the investigation remains ongoing.

According to law enforcement reports cited by Fox News, the victim was hit at least twice in the head with the hammer before she was able to escape and call for help. She was transported to a nearby hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Duarte has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and bodily injury, authorities said. Plano Police and federal agencies are continuing to interview witnesses and review surveillance footage related to the attack.

Federal Immigration Background

Assistant Secretary for the Department of Homeland Security, Tricia McLaughlin, criticized the Biden administration’s prior handling of Duarte’s case.

“Following this illegal alien’s arrest in 2024, the Biden Administration released this criminal illegal alien back into our communities,” McLaughlin said in a statement.

She added that under the current Trump administration, DHS and ICE have lodged an immigration detainer to ensure Duarte remains in custody and is not released again.

“Under President Trump and Secretary Noem, ICE lodged an arrest detainer to ensure this criminal illegal alien is never able to prey on innocent women in our country again,” McLaughlin said.

Investigation Ongoing

Plano police have not released additional information about Duarte’s prior criminal history or the events leading up to the alleged attack. No motive has been announced.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Authorities say the investigation remains active, and additional charges could be filed if new evidence emerges.

video
play-sharp-fill

Loading

Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Politics

Political activist and entrepreneur Nicole Shanahan has raised new concerns about alleged covert government activity after publishing her latest “Dark MAHA Report” — claiming...

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Crime

An inmate who has been on the run for over a month has been captured in New Orleans. Antoine Massey was captured Friday afternoon...

News

Senator Rand Paul (R‑Ky.) announced Monday that he will reissue a criminal referral to the Department of Justice against Dr. Anthony Fauci, alleging perjury...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.