Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Democrat Candidate Drops Out After Stealing Campaign Material From Mailbox


A Kentucky Democrat suspended his campaign this week after a video surfaced that appeared to show him removing a campaign flyer from a voter’s mailbox, igniting controversy just days before the state’s primary election.

Max Morley, a candidate for Kentucky House District 30, announced Wednesday that he was ending his campaign after the footage began circulating online. The Louisville-area race had already drawn attention due to ongoing turmoil surrounding the seat, but the mailbox incident quickly became the dominant story in the final stretch before voters head to the polls.

Morley addressed the backlash in a statement posted to social media.

“District 30 deserves a Representative they can trust and believe in. After much reflection, I have decided to end my campaign for State Representative,” Morley said.

“Campaigns can be demanding and deeply personal, and along the way, I lost sight of what mattered most: serving our community with the focus, judgment, and integrity it deserves. For that, I sincerely apologize to those I disappointed or let down.”

He also thanked supporters and said he planned to focus on his family moving forward.

The video that triggered the controversy allegedly showed Morley taking campaign literature from a mailbox. The footage spread rapidly online and prompted criticism over campaign conduct and judgment at a critical point in the race.

Morley had been running in the Democratic primary to succeed outgoing state Rep. Daniel Grossberg in the Louisville district. Following Morley’s exit, the remaining Democratic candidates in the race are Cassie Lyles and Mitra Subedi.

The race comes after months of political controversy surrounding Grossberg, who previously faced calls to resign from fellow Democrats following allegations of inappropriate conduct. Grossberg has denied wrongdoing.

Morley did not address the video directly beyond his public apology and campaign suspension announcement. It also remains unclear whether any additional action will be taken related to the incident.

The abrupt end to Morley’s campaign marks yet another shakeup in an already chaotic Kentucky legislative race as Democrats battle over one of Louisville’s most closely watched House seats.

Download the FREE Trending Politics App to get the latest news FIRST >> 



Leave your vote

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.