Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Speculation Swirls After Trump Abruptly Alters Weekend Schedule


President Donald Trump announced on Friday that he would not attend the wedding of his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., which was scheduled for this weekend in the Bahamas. The announcement, as well as a general shift in weekend plans, has generated speculation given increased tensions with Iran and the possibility of the resumption of hostilities in the near future.

In remarks to reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday, Trump addressed the possibility of attending the event.“He’d like me to go, but it’s going to be just a small little private affair, and I’m going to try and make it. I’m in the midst — I said, ‘You know, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things,’” the president said.

“That’s one I can’t win on. If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed—by the fake news, of course, I’m talking about.”

Trump later confirmed that he would not be attending in a Truth Social post on Friday. “While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon to be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so,” Trump wrote.

“I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time. Congratulations to Don and Bettina. President DONALD J. TRUMP.”

The schedule adjustment marks a departure from prior plans. Trump had been expected to travel to New York’s Hudson Valley for an event on Friday before spending time at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, over the weekend.

Updated White House information indicates he will instead return to Washington and remain at the White House, according to a report from The Hill.

Friday’s abrupt schedule changes occurred against the backdrop of heightened tensions with Iran. The president had hinted earlier this week that strikes against Iran could resume in the coming days after weeks of negotiations — which have been mediated by Pakistan and other regional partners — have failed to result in a lasting peace agreement.

Trump ultimately paused the resumption of offensive operations, however, stating that the possibility of a deal had increased in response to the added pressure. Pakistani and Saudi officials have spoken about the presence of advanced negotiations in recent days, though no formal agreement has been announced as of this report.

White House officials have not provided additional specifics on the president’s weekend activities beyond his presence in Washington.



Leave your vote

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.