Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Karmelo Anthony’s Shocking Murder Fantasies Revealed In Appeal Hearing: ‘Licking Blood Off The Blade’


Karmelo Anthony, the black Texas teen who was convicted earlier this year of fatally stabbing white teen Austin Metcalf at a Frisco, Texas track meet in 2025, fantasized about killing somebody and “licking the blood” off the blade before killing Metcalf, prosecutors have revealed. The new revelation comes as Anthony is currently seeking a new trial.

During a hearing on his motion for a new trial on August 20, Collin County Assistant District Attorney Bill Wirskye shared previously undisclosed details from Anthony’s phone records and background. These included references to text messages recovered from Anthony’s device.

Wirskye told the court that one text message involved a fantasy about stabbing someone and licking the blood off the blade. He described this as part of material indicating an interest in violence, fights, guns, and knives.

Other messages from the morning of the incident included one in which Anthony sent a photo of a knife to his ex-girlfriend along with the text “I’m lowkey on the verge.” Wirskye stated that Anthony appeared to be spiraling at the time.

Additional information presented by prosecutors concerned events earlier that same morning. Anthony’s ex-girlfriend reportedly told an assistant principal at Frisco Centennial High School that Anthony was stalking her following a breakup and “wouldn’t take no for an answer.” Prosecutors also noted that while living in Baton Rouge, Anthony’s parents had enrolled him in a special LSU program intended for children who struggled to control their aggression and keep their hands to themselves.

These details were among materials that had not been introduced to the jury during the original trial.

POLL: Should Foreigners Be Banned From Buying American Farmland?

According to accounts from both sides, this stemmed from what was described as a “gentleman’s agreement” between prosecutors and the defense. Under the arrangement, both parties agreed to limit discussion of historical character evidence regarding Anthony and Metcalf in order to focus on the events of the day of the stabbing.

Wirskye confirmed the agreement originated with the prosecution and was offered because of the volume of available material. The defense has argued that prosecutors later departed from aspects of this understanding, affecting trial strategy, including Anthony’s decision not to testify.

Anthony was convicted of murder on June 9, 2026, and sentenced the same day to 35 years in prison. The conviction and sentence followed a trial in Collin County related to the April 2, 2025, incident at a Frisco Independent School District track meet at David Kuykendall Stadium.

Both Anthony, then 17 and a student at Centennial High School, and Metcalf, then 17 and a student at Memorial High School, were participants. Witnesses described a confrontation under a team tent during rain, after which Anthony stabbed Metcalf once in the chest. The jury rejected claims of self-defense and did not find that the killing occurred under sudden passion, which would have reduced the available sentencing range.

Following the verdict and sentence, Anthony’s legal team filed a notice of appeal along with a motion for a new trial and a motion to recuse the trial judge, State District Judge John Roach Jr. On August 19, Administrative Judge Sid Harle granted the recusal after considering post-trial public comments by Roach, including statements that the jury “got it right.”

Retired Kaufman County District Judge Michael Chitty was assigned to preside over the motion for a new trial. Under Texas rules, a ruling on the motion for a new trial is required within 75 days of sentencing, setting a deadline of approximately August 24. If the motion is denied, the case proceeds to the Fifth Court of Appeals in Dallas.



Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Entertainment

President Donald Trump announced on Sunday that a new round of talks with Iran is scheduled to begin on Monday afternoon, following his decision...

Entertainment

Independent journalist Nick Shirley was attacked while reporting from Ceuta, the Spanish enclave in North Africa that has become a flashpoint in Europe’s growing...

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Entertainment

Reports of ordinary Iranians resorting to stealing basic groceries from supermarket shelves have underscored the severity of the country’s deepening economic crisis, with analysts...

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Entertainment

Indiana Senate President Pro Tem Rodric Bray announced Friday that he will not seek reelection to the leadership position when Senate Republicans select their...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump publicly criticized longtime ally Jeanine Pirro, who currently serves as U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, after her office opted...

Entertainment

A cargo ship was reportedly struck by an unidentified projectile early Tuesday while transiting the Strait of Hormuz, adding to growing tensions in one...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.