Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

Ilhan Omar Panics, Scrambles To Contain Fraud Scandal As Walls Close In


Rep. Ilhan Omar refused to answer questions this week when confronted about her alleged ties to Minnesota’s massive “Feeding Our Future” fraud scandal, which federal prosecutors say cost taxpayers roughly $250 million.

Fox News Digital approached Omar in the halls of Congress on Monday and asked whether she pushed Minnesota Democrats to block a subpoena effort tied to the investigation. Omar did not respond and continued walking.

She also ignored questions about whether she would cooperate with a possible House Oversight Committee probe and provide documents related to the case.

The Omar fraud controversy has escalated in recent months as Minnesota Republicans continue pressing for records and testimony connected to the Feeding Our Future scheme, one of the largest COVID-era fraud cases in the country.

Minnesota state Rep. Kristin Robbins, chair of the House Fraud Prevention and State Agency Oversight Committee, previously invited Omar to testify before the committee and later requested documents tied to her office’s communications with Feeding Our Future figures and Safari Restaurant, a Minneapolis business connected to the case. Omar declined to appear.

NEW: Minnesota Fraud ‘Mastermind’ Claims Ilhan Omar ‘Knew’ About $250 Million Scheme

A Republican-led push to subpoena Omar ultimately failed after Democrats voted against the measure. Robbins later said lawmakers could seek help from Congress to continue pursuing records connected to the investigation.

Republicans have also scrutinized Omar’s sponsorship of the MEALS Act, a 2020 federal COVID-19 relief measure that expanded waiver authority for USDA nutrition programs during the pandemic. Critics argue the legislation loosened oversight safeguards and helped create conditions that fraudsters later exploited.

The scandal centers on Feeding Our Future, a now-defunct Minnesota nonprofit accused of overseeing a sprawling fraud operation involving fake meal claims submitted through federally funded child nutrition programs. Federal investigators say operators billed the government for meals that were never served.

Feeding Our Future founder Aimee Bock was convicted in 2025 on multiple fraud-related charges tied to the scheme. In a recent jailhouse interview, Bock claimed Omar was aware of aspects of the operation because several meal site operators were tied to the same Somali community and had allegedly contacted Omar’s office for assistance regarding program waivers. Omar’s office has denied wrongdoing.

An 84-page report released this month by the Minnesota House Fraud Prevention and State Agency Oversight Committee accused Gov. Tim Walz’s administration of fostering a “culture of tolerance” toward fraud and oversight failures across multiple state programs.

Download the FREE Trending Politics App to get the latest news FIRST >>



Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.