Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

JUST IN: Gunman Who Fired Multiple Shots At White House Identified


The deceased gunman who opened fire at a White House checkpoint on Saturday evening has been identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best, a man with a history of mental illness who was known to local law enforcement and the Secret Service.

Prior to the incident, Best had prior encounters with security at White House checkpoints. According to a report from the New York Post, he had been issued an order to stay away from the White House following an incident in 2025.

Available information on Best’s background is limited in initial reporting, though a law enforcement source familiar with the case told the outlet that he had a documented history of mental illness and reportedly referred to himself as Jesus Christ.

Law enforcement is reviewing these details, along with his digital records and any previous interactions, as part of the motive investigation. Best is believed to have acted alone, with no evidence of accomplices reported at this time.

Specifics regarding Best’s employment, education, family background, or other personal history have not been publicly detailed in early updates. The FBI and Secret Service are examining his movements prior to the incident, how he obtained the firearm, and the full context of his earlier checkpoint contacts.

According to statements from the Secret Service and White House officials on the incident, the shooting incident began when Best approached the security post. Plainclothes or uniformed agents identified suspicious behavior and observed him carrying a firearm.

ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Selina Wang was filming a video report when the gunfire began. In raw footage she captured and shared widely, Wang is seen mid-sentence before shots were clearly heard, causing the reporter and her team to frantically seek cover.

“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots. It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now,” Wang posted on social media after reaching safety.

Best managed to squeeze off multiple shots before he was struck by return gunfire. He was then transported to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead not long after arrival.

One bystander suffered wounds described as “serious” and was also transported to an area hospital. Additional details on the bystander’s condition or identity have not been revealed as of this report.

No law enforcement personnel were injured in the attack, and the president is confirmed to be safe. The White House added that President Trump and senior cabinet members are continuing to work inside the White House due to ongoing negotiations concerning the Iran conflict.



Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.