Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Entertainment

JUST IN: Multiple Casualties Confirmed After Targeted Shooting At San Diego Mosque


San Diego police responded to reports of an active shooter at the Islamic Center of San Diego, located in the city’s Clairemont area, on Monday afternoon. The center, which includes a mosque described as the largest in San Diego County and an associated K-12 school, was in session at the time of the incident.

Police received multiple reports of shots fired beginning around 11:40 a.m. local time. A heavy law enforcement presence was observed not long after, with armored vehicles and aerial units on scene.

The San Diego Police Department initially described the situation as active but contained and later stated that the threat had been neutralized by approximately 1 p.m.

During a press conference at 1:56 p.m. local time, a police spokesman confirmed that two shooters had been neutralized and were confirmed dead. The spokesman added that at least three victims were killed near the entrance to the center.

A nearby landscaper who was doing yard work nearby was also shot at, but escaped without injury. Officers soon responded to that location, at which point they found the two shooters dead in a parked vehicle from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wounds. The suspects were identified as teenagers by an FBI spokesperson.

The chairman of the Islamic Center, Ahmed Shabaik, told the Los Angeles Times that the victims included an armed security guard who confronted the shooters. No children were injured, and an imam confirmed that all teachers, students, and school staff were safe.

San Diego Police Department spokesperson Colin Steinbroner said officers were still working to determine a motive, as well as the sequence of events leading up to the attack. He added that the incident is being investigated as a hate crime until proven otherwise.

California Governor Gavin Newsom’s office confirmed he had been briefed and that emergency management officials were coordinating with local authorities. “We are grateful to the first responders on the scene working to protect the community and urge everyone to follow guidance from local authorities,” the statement read.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The FBI is on scene and assisting with the investigation. Additional details will be provided as they become available.

Leave your vote

More

You May Also Like

Crime

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said 19-year-old Tyler Harris of Biloxi was killed. Officials confirm that the wreck occurred at the tail end of...

Sticky Post

A $40 MILLION DIVORCE DEMAND ROCKS THE NFL.Travis Hunter, one of football’s most electrifying young stars, is facing a staggering $40 million divorce settlement...

Crime

Corshawnda Hatter, a 33-year-old Chicago mom, and her 9-year-old son were taken to Trinity Hospital in serious condition after the attack. The mother explained...

Entertainment

Former President Barack Obama is opening up about friction at home as he ramps up his public role during President Donald Trump’s administration. In...

Crime

Washington, D.C. — In a high‑stakes interview this week on Fox News, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard alleged that the Barack Obama administration...

Entertainment

President Donald Trump said Friday that Iran has agreed to suspend its nuclear program indefinitely and will not get access to any frozen U.S....

Entertainment

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Malik Obama drops explosive new evidence reigniting the Obama birth certificate scandal. A shocking “Kenyan Origins” document emerges, putting the globalist cover-up...

Politics

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has unleashed a major political bombshell, alleging that former President Barack Obama and his senior national security team...

Advertisement

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.